5 Top Free Audiobooks Available to Read on Audible!!!
Updated: Apr 24
Are you someone who loves to learn and explore new ideas? If so, you probably enjoy reading non-fiction books. But with busy schedules and limited time, finding the opportunity to read can be a challenge.
That's where Audible comes in, offering a convenient and accessible way to explore new ideas and perspectives. And the best part? You can access a range of non-fiction audiobooks for free. In this article, we've curated a list of the top 5 non-fiction audiobooks available for free Audiobooks on Audible. From self-help to science, history to business, these audiobooks offer a wealth of knowledge and insights that you can listen to on the go. So sit back, relax, and let these audiobooks take you on a journey of learning and discovery. Let's dive in and explore the world of non-fiction audiobooks available to you for free.
1) Wings of Fire by APJ ABDUL KALAM
The book is the autobiography of a former Indian president popularly known as the Missile Man of India Dr. APJ Abdul Kalm. Born in a small village in India to becoming the people's president, the book covers Kalam's entire life journey. He played a prominent role in developing India's first Satellite vehicle and later making nuclear missiles which brought India into a small category of "Nuclear power".
Although this audiobook is very short and many important milestones of his life are skipped it is still enough to give you a glimpse of this wonderful personality. It is available for free to listen on Audible..
Top five learning
The importance of perseverance and hard work in achieving your goals
The value of education in shaping one's life
The power of a positive attitude and mindset
The significance of teamwork and collaboration in achieving success
The role of leadership in driving change and progress.
2) 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greece
The 48 Laws of Power is a classic book on power dynamics and human behavior. It offers a comprehensive guide to understanding the nature of power, how it works, and how to gain and maintain it.
He provides 48 timeless laws that one has to follow if one wishes to gain power, be it in the corporate world, business, or personally these 48 laws will help you in all areas of your life.
Law 1: Never outshine the master," "Law 11: Learn to keep people dependent on you," and "Law 36: Disdain things you cannot have: Ignoring them is the best revenge." These laws are intended to be used in a strategic manner to help readers achieve their goals and rise to positions of power.
To prove his laws Robert took examples of great historical figures like Machiavelli, Napoleon Bonaparte, and Henry Kissinger many more, he even showed examples of people who weren't aware of the laws and failed miserably.
While some critics have accused the book of promoting amoral behavior and cynicism, others see it as a valuable resource for understanding the ways in which power operates in society. Overall, "The 48 Laws of Power" is a thought-provoking and informative read for anyone interested in the dynamics of power and influence.
5 things you can learn from the Book
1. The importance of mastering social dynamics: The book delves deep into the social dynamics that underpin power and influence, including how to recognize and navigate social hierarchies, build strategic alliances, and outmaneuver your opponents.
2. How to not get manipulated: While some of the laws may seem manipulative or even unethical, they offer insights into how people can use persuasion, deception, and manipulation to achieve their goals. With this knowledge, you can keep an eye on who is manipulating you and who is honest.
3. The role of perception in power: The book emphasizes the importance of cultivating an image of power and how people perceive you, including how to project confidence, maintain a sense of mystery, and control your emotions.
4. The consequences of failing to understand power dynamics: The book provides numerous examples of individuals who have failed to understand the nature of power and have suffered as a result, underscoring the importance of being aware of the power dynamics at play in any given situation.
5. The value of learning from history: The book draws heavily on historical examples to illustrate its points, highlighting the successes and failures of historical figures and analyzing the strategies they used to gain and maintain power. By learning from these examples, readers can gain a deeper understanding of power dynamics and how to apply them in their own lives.
48 laws is one of the best free audiobook one can listen on Audible
Also, read - "5 books Everyone who Wishes to Become Rich Should Read"
3) The compound effect by Darren Hardy
"The Compound Effect" is a self-help book by Darren Hardy that focuses on the power of small, consistent actions to achieve big results. The book argues that success is not the result of big, dramatic actions, but rather the accumulation of small actions taken consistently over time. The book offers practical advice on creating positive habits, improving productivity, and making lasting changes in one's life.
The book is divided into three sections: "The Compound Effect in Action," "Breaking the Cycle," and "Accelerating Success." Throughout the book, Hardy provides real-world examples and personal anecdotes to illustrate his points and make his advice more relatable to readers.
Here are 5 point summary of the book
1) Small, consistent actions lead to big results: The book emphasizes that success is the result of small, consistent actions taken over time. By making small, incremental changes to one's habits and behaviors, individuals can achieve big results in their personal and professional lives.
2) The importance of tracking progress: The book argues that tracking progress is essential for achieving success. By measuring and monitoring one's actions and progress, individuals can identify areas where they need to improve and make adjustments as necessary.
3) The power of positive habits: The book emphasizes the importance of developing positive habits and eliminating negative ones. Individuals can improve their productivity, health, and overall well-being by creating a routine of positive habits.
4) The role of mindset in success: The book argues that mindset is a critical factor in achieving success. Individuals can overcome obstacles, take risks, and achieve their goals by cultivating a positive, growth-oriented mindset.
5) The importance of taking personal responsibility: The book emphasizes that individuals must take personal responsibility for their own success. By taking ownership of their actions and decisions, individuals can make the necessary changes to achieve their goals and live a more fulfilling life.
4) Golden Rules by Napoleon Hill
"Golden Rules" by Napoleon Hill is a concise yet powerful book that provides readers with a set of principles to help them achieve success in life. The book is based on Hill's extensive research on success and his personal experiences, and it outlines the 10 "golden rules" that he believes are essential for anyone who wants to achieve their goals and become successful in life.
5 things one can learn from this book.
1) Develop a Positive Mental Attitude: One of the key takeaways from this book is the importance of having a positive mindset and maintaining a positive attitude even in the face of adversity. Hill emphasizes the importance of focusing on the positive aspects of life and avoiding negative thinking, as this can have a profound impact on our success and well-being.
2 ) Have a Definite Purpose: Another key takeaway from the book is the value of having a clear and specific goal and developing a plan to achieve it. Hill stresses the importance of having a sense of purpose in life and working towards achieving it with determination and perseverance.
3) Practice Self-Discipline: Hill also emphasizes the benefits of having self-discipline and the ability to control your actions and stay focused on your goals. He suggests that developing a sense of discipline can help us overcome obstacles and stay on track toward achieving our goals.
4) Learn from Failure: The book also highlights the power of learning from failure and using it as an opportunity to grow and improve. Hill suggests that we should embrace failure as a learning opportunity, rather than seeing it as a setback, and use the lessons we learn to make better decisions in the future.
5) Enjoy Life: Finally, Hill stresses the importance of enjoying life and finding happiness and joy in our achievements and experiences. He suggests that we should celebrate our successes and appreciate the good things in life, rather than always focusing on what we don't have or what we haven't achieved yet.
Also read - "5-Books To Read In a Recession-2023.",
5) Fooled by Randomness by Nassim Nicholas
"Fooled by Randomness" is a book written by Nassim Nicholas Taleb in 2001. The book explores the role of luck and randomness in our lives, particularly in the financial industry, and argues that people tend to overestimate their own abilities and underestimate the role of chance in their successes and failures.
Taleb argues that human beings have a natural tendency to see patterns in random events and to attribute meaning to them. This can lead to false beliefs about the causes of our successes and failures, and can result in poor decision-making. Taleb argues that we need to be aware of the role of randomness in our lives and learn to make decisions that take into account the inherent uncertainty of the world.
The book is divided into three parts, with each part focusing on a different aspect of randomness.
In the first part, Taleb introduces the concept of "black swans," which are rare, unpredictable, and high-impact events that can have profound consequences.
In the second part, he explores the problem of survivorship bias, which occurs when we focus on the successes and ignore the failures. In the third part, Taleb argues that we need to embrace uncertainty and take a skeptical approach to our beliefs and assumptions.
5 things one can learn from this book
1) The role of luck and randomness in our lives: Taleb argues that we tend to overestimate our own abilities and underestimate the role of chance in our successes and failures. He argues that we need to be aware of the role of randomness in our lives and learn to make decisions that take into account the inherent uncertainty of the world.
2) The problem of survivorship bias: Taleb argues that we often focus on the successes and ignore the failures, which can lead to false beliefs about the causes of success. He emphasizes the importance of looking at both successes and failures in order to get a more accurate picture of reality.
3) The importance of skepticism: Taleb argues that we need to be skeptical of our beliefs and assumptions. He encourages us to question everything and to be open to new ideas and perspectives.
4) The concept of "black swans": Taleb introduces the concept of "black swans," which are rare, unpredictable, and high-impact events that can have profound consequences. He argues that we need to be aware of the possibility of black swans and prepare for them as much as possible.
5) The need to embrace uncertainty: Taleb argues that we need to embrace uncertainty and learn to live with it. He encourages us to take risks and to be open to new opportunities, even if they are uncertain.
In conclusion, Audible offers a plethora of high-quality audiobooks that are not only entertaining but also educational. The five free audiobooks mentioned in this blog are some of the top titles available on their Plus catalog if you have a subscription to the platform.
Listening to audiobooks can be a great way to unwind and relax, as well as a way to learn and grow. With Audible's extensive library, there's something for everyone, and the convenience of being able to listen on the go makes it a great choice for busy individuals. So, whether you're a book lover or just looking to try something new, be sure to check out these top audiobooks available for free on Audible...
Click here to start your free audible trial - https://amzn.to/3oy377i
Also, read - 30 Best Books to Read Before you Die